Principle of Management, homework help College Paper Lab | collegepaperslab.com
Questions for Analysis
Answer each question in 1-3 paragraphs.
1. The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 is seen as providing much-needed flexibility and security for families and workers. Others think that it places an unnecessary burden on business. Yet another opinion is that the act hurts women, who are more likely to ask for leave, and shuffles them off to a low-paid “mommy track” career path. In your opinion, what are the likely consequences of the act? You can adopt one of the viewpoints expressed above or develop another. Explain your answer.
2. How do you know a selection device is valid? What are the possible consequences of using invalid selection methods? How can an organization ensure that its selection methods are valid?
3. Consider a job that you have held or with which you are familiar. Describe how you think an organization could best provide a realistic job preview for that position. What types of information and experiences should be conveyed to applicants? What techniques should be used to convey the information and experiences?
4. How would managing non-unionized workers differ from managing workers who have elected to be in a union? Which would be easier? Why?
5. In what ways would managing temporary employees be both easier and more difficult than managing traditional permanent employees? How might you personally choose to behave if you were in a contingent or temporary job versus a traditional permanent job?
College Paper Lab
Place your Order Today