Directions: Please provide detailed and elaborate responses to the following questions. Your responses should include examples from the reading assignments, if possible. For each question, your response must be at least 100 words in length and utilize APA guidelines.
1. Analyze how medical terminology is broken down into word parts by choosing 4 terms and describing how each term can be broken down.
2. Explain the role of the â€œrootâ€ or â€œcombining form.â€ Why is it important to learn the meanings of combining forms? How does the combining form affect the overall meaning of a medical term?
3. Describe the functions of a suffix. What role does the suffix play in the meanings of medical terms?
4. Identify the importance of the prefix. What are some functions of a prefix? How does a prefix alter the meaning of a medical term?
5. How can you use word components to relate medical terms to the structure and function of the human body?
6. Why is it important to be able to break down medical terms into component parts? Why not just memorize each term?