SCI115 Discussion7 – collegepaperslab.com | Instant Assignment Help
High Altitude Adaptation, Co-evolution, and Rodenticides in Ludwigschafen”
For your primary post, please respond to one of the following three topics with a post of at least 125 words that addresses each point given in the instructions. Also, please reply to at least one fellow student on any topic.
Topic 1 : High Altitude Adaptation. In the recorded interview (1)*, Emilia Huerta-Sanchez describes some research her team conducted. Watch the video, then address the following issues:
- (a) What data did they collect, who did they collect it from, and what were they looking for?
- (b) Which gene was implicated as a gene associated with high altitude adaptation, and what does it do?
- (c) Why do they think that the high incidence of this gene in populations who live at high altitudes is due to natural selection?
Topic 2 [reading]: Co-evolution of rattlesnakes and squirrels. Read at least one of the following articles (2)* and/or (3)*, and then address the following issues:
- (a) How do squirrels adapt to rattlesnake venom?
- (b) How do rattlesnakes adapt to squirrel’s defenses against rattlesnake venom?
- (c) What do the results of this research tell us about evolution?
Topic 3 [reading]; Resistance to Rodenticides in Wild Rat Populations. Refer to the ‘Digging into Data’ box on page 216 of the textbook. Review the situation and the address the following:
- (a) In which town do you think that past application of the rodenticide bromadialonewas most intensive? Explain.
- (b) Suppose that a group of rodenticide-resistant rats hitches a ride on a grain truck from Olfen to Ludwigshafen, where they start to breed with the Ludwigshafen rats. Which of the following concepts (genetic drift, gene flow or founder effect) is most applicable to this situation?
- (c) Make a prediction about the future status ofrodenticide resistance inLudwigshafen after the hitchhiker rats from Olfenarrive. Explain.
*References (in Strayer Writing Standards format).
- NESCent, October 2010. High Altitude Adaptation, https://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/anims/altitudevideo2_pop.php
- May 18, 2016. How is rattlesnake venom like fine wine? Both have regional varieties, https://news.osu.edu/how-is-rattlesnake-venom-like-fine-wine-both-have-regional-varieties/
- Sarah Kaplan, May 20, 2016. Snake venom evolved to kill specific squirrels with shocking precision. The Washington Post. Retrieved from https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2016/05/20/snake-venom-evolved-to-kill-specific-squirrels-with-shocking-precision/
WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE EXPERT ACADEMIC WRITERS?
Answering this question is not essay as it seems. It will require you to research or burn your brainpower, write your findings down, edit, proofread severally, and submit unsure of the grade you will get. Collegepaperslab.com assignment writers are offering to take care of that. Order your assignment now, relax, submit, and enjoy excellent grades. We guarantee you 100% original answers, timely delivery, and some free products.
Place your order now…